*Written by partner organization, Good Days
For chronic illness patients left in a tight financial situation because of their health, charitable assistance organizations like Good Days provide a safety net that allows them to focus on their medical treatments without the threat of bankruptcy looming overhead.
Good Days supports those with life-altering conditions, from chronic to terminal, in part by helping patients pay for costly treatments insurance won’t cover in their entirety. Good Days provides financial support by covering prohibitively costly co-pays for those with life-altering conditions, allowing them to receive treatment without destroying their finances. They even offer, in some cases, additional financial assistance for health insurance premiums and treatment-related travel expenses. And, thanks to their expert Patient Care Navigators, Good Days provides emotional support over the phone and by connecting patients and families to disease-specific resources.
Anyone can reach out to Good Days to learn more about assistance opportunities and can instantly learn if they’ll be approved. To qualify, a patient must:
- be diagnosed with a covered disease and program must be accepting enrollments
- Patient must have a valid Social Security number to apply for assistance and receive treatment in the United States
- be seeking assistance for a prescribed medication that is FDA approved to treat the covered diagnosis
- have valid insurance coverage
- have an income level at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
But Good Days doe more than simply provide financial support. The charity guides patients through an opaque and ever-changing healthcare landscape, always listening, always responding, always caring. You can learn more about Good Days or apply for disease-specific assistance here.